Savannah’s St Patrick’s Day celebration on March 17th may be the city’s biggest event, but there are many events in the Spring to entertain you while on your next Savannah getaway. Early Spring Events in Savannah feature art, music, history and fun for all.
- The First Friday Art March through the Victorian and Starland Districts
- First Friday Fireworks on River Street
- Gnome Con begins its weekend of science fiction fantasy and gaming convention
- The Savannah tradition of Greening the Fountains for St Patricks Day begins steps away from the Inn at the Forsyth Park Fountain
- The Shamrock Run, a festive 5K through the Historic District to benefit the March of Dimes.
March 12th – Two FREE, family friendly Irish Culture festivals with music, dancing, food, and fun
- Downtown in Emmet Park with Tara Feis
- 14th Annual Irish Celebration on Tybee Island.
- You can also join the 2nd Saturday Art Walk through 32 participating galleries in the Historic District.
March 17th – March 19th
- The Savannah St Patrick’s Day Parade and Celebration on River Street is one of the countries largest and the high point of Savannah’s Spring events.
March 24th – April 9th
- We told you all about the Savannah Music Festival in a recent blog. USA Today calls it, “one of the best music festivals in the world”.
March 26th – April 3rd
- The Savannah Tour of Homes and Gardens offers guests the chance to go inside some of Savannah’s most beautiful homes and admire what the families for generations have treasured.
April 2nd – Two events fun for grown-ups and kids alike!
- Walk with zombies in the 8th Annual Zombie Walk
- Annual Sheep to Shawl Festival at Oatland Island Wildlife Center.
- And again! Second Saturday Art Walk with 32 participating galleries in Savannah’s Historic District.
April 9th & 10th
- Fort Pulaski commemorates the 154th anniversary of the battle for the Georgia Fort during Siege Weekend.
Keep in touch! We always know where all the fun is!
Azalea Inn and Gardens, a Savannah GA bed and breakfast inn, invites you to reserve a room today to begin enjoying the best experiences in our city, which Travel + Leisure Magazine acclaimed as a “World’s Best City.”