A great benefit of being a guest at The Azalea Inn & Gardens Bed and Breakfast is the expertise they have to make sure you have the perfect Savannah experience. With a wide variety of wonderful restaurant options in Savannah, Azalea will tell you where to go AND what to eat. Here are our Top Ten Restaurants in Savannah and our favorite choices at each!
45 Bistro – 123 East Broughton Street
- Beef Carpaccio with Dijon mustard aioli, shaved Parmesan cheese, spinach chiffonade and crispy capers
- Grilled Hearts of Romaine, garlic croutons, shaved Parmesan and Caesar dressing. Add grilled shrimp.
- Roasted Ruby Beets, golden and ruby beets marinated in a champagne vinaigrette with Belgian endive, praline walnuts, Stilton cheese
- Rack of Lamb, herb crusted and roasted, with whipped truffle Yukon Gold potatoes finished with port wine and rosemary demi-glace.
- Escargot sautéed in herbed white wine butter with sun-dried tomatoes, slow roasted elephant garlic clove and grilled Asiago ciabatta.
- Vic’s On The River – 26 East Bay Street
- Crawfish Beignets with Tabasco syrup
- Noble Fare – 321 Jefferson Street
- Ahi Tuna Tartar with avocado puree, pineapple pico, plantain chip, Ossetra caviar, curry oil
- The Grey – 109 Martin Luther King Boulevard
- Pork Shank with a “mess of greens” and cornbread
- Local 11 Ten –1110 Bull Street
- Spicy Prince Edward Island mussels, house-made chorizo, tomato, cherry peppers, basil, garlic, white wine, grilled baguette
- Open-faced rabbit ravioli, fire roasted tomato sauce, basil coulis, house-made ricotta
- Sapphire Grill – 110 West Congress Street
- Benne Speckled Calamari & toasted coriander pesto with curried peanuts, lime sugar & soy glaze
- Toasted garlic seared Muscovy duck breast & butternut squash confit with braised red chard, pain d’epice & toasted shallot
- Toasted pepper seared tuna mignon & crispy golden rice with sauce ponzu, dried chili, pickled beets & scallion
- A’Lure – 309 West Congress Street
- Lamb Carpaccio with cracked pepper scallion oil, basil, capers, savory Sweetgrass Diary blue cheese ice cream
- Peas & Carrots pan seared sea scallops, sweet baby carrot risotto, shiitakes, ginger carrot reduction, sweet pea coulis
- House Smoked Duck Breast ginger & garlic bbq, pickled mustard seed coleslaw, duck confit, brie and collard green egg roll
- Jazz’d Tapas Bar – 52 Barnard Street
- Mussels Fra Diavolo – Season mussels steamed with white wine, simmered with grilled tomato sauce and finished with compound butter and toasted baguettes.
- Coca-Cola Pork Ribs – Baby back ribs slow roasted with a Coca-Cola BBQ sauce and a fresh tortilla fennel slaw.
- The Pink House – 23 Abercorn Street
- BLT salad, fried green tomatoes & sweet bacon with black pepper thyme buttermild dressing
- Leoci’s Trattoria – 606 Abercorn Street
- Beet Salad with brick-oven roasted beets and Leoci’s pickled sweet baby beets accompanied by farmers blue cheese, drizzled with house-made champagne tarragon vinaigrette.
- Brick oven-roasted mixed olives, a mix of Mediterranean olives
If a guest decides wants venture out of Historic District, this is where Azalea Inn will send you:
The Florence – The Starland District / 1 West Victory Drive
The latest from celebrity chef Hugh Acheson, The Florence is a neighborhood restaurant that highlights local and regional ingredients using Italian technique and background
Ele Fine Fusion – Wilmington Island / 7815 Highway 80 East
Unforgettable ambiance, unique cocktails, sushi bar & fine dining.
The Tybee Island Fish Camp – Tybee Island / 106 South Campbell Avenue
A cozy 1950’s cottage nestled under live oak and cedar trees with a regionally-focused seafood agenda, a full bar featuring heavily-domestic wine program, and specialty cocktails.
Sisters of the New South – Near Bonaventure Cemetery / 2605 Skidaway Road
Best Soul Food in Savannah!
And if you have something specific in mind…………………..
Best Seafood – You’re in Savannah, everybody asks, “Who has the best seafood?” We always tell people that you can find great seafood all over Savannah. All of the best restaurants have great seafood dishes. We’d recommend seafood at all of our top restaurants.
Best Vegetarian – Kayak Café
Best Steak – 45 Bistro
Best Casual & Experience – The Pirates House – Have the spring rolls!
Best Breakfast – The Azalea Inn & Gardens of course. Nothing better in Savannah!
Azalea Inn and Gardens, a Savannah GA bed and breakfast inn, invites you to reserve a room today to begin enjoying the best experiences in our city, which Travel + Leisure Magazine acclaimed as a “World’s Best City.”
My name is Cami, and I’m married to the delicious dish that does the cooking and such. I’m a blogger.
I have a new favorite restaurant: The Savannah Tea Room on Broughton. Granted, my great friend Helen works there, and I lurve seeing her pretty face. But I also double lurve hot tea, and every meal comes with a endless supply. Heaven!
I must admit, the place is a bit fancy for my taste:
But the food is delicious. The meal starts with soup (the soup on this particular day was egg
drop…and, sadly, I thought it was too salty and should’ve opted for the fruit plate):
The entree I ordered on my first visit was tuna tartare (I. love. fresh. tuna!):
Wowza. It was perfectly marinated, seated on a bed of spinach. Honestly, you must, must, MUST drop by and try it yourself; words don’t do it justice.